What is the Successor Trustee Manual?
The Successor Trustee Manual will help eliminate any anxiety or confusion that may occur when a Successor Trustee takes over. It is based upon our firm’s unique experience over the years handling trust administrations after clients have passed away. It includes several step-by-step procedures and plain English checklists, which will prove invaluable to a Successor Trustee.
Should I order a Successor Trustee Manual?
Why, yes! We have found that this manual is an incredibly helpful tool. It will likely bring order to any confusion that may arise when a Successor Trustee takes over. To give you some insight on what is to be expected, the following is a list of the chapters included in the Manual:
- Brief Overview of How a Living Trust Works
- Important “Do’s” and “Don’ts”
- Checklist of Actions Upon Disability or Incapacity
- Checklist of Actions Upon the Death of the 1st Spouse
- Checklist of Actions Upon the Death of an Individual (Or the Surviving Spouse)
- Reviewing the Trust (And Other Estate Plan Documents)
- Tips on Working Successfully With an Attorney (And Other Professional Advisors)
- Tips on Working Successfully With the Beneficiaries
- Trustee Duties, Trustee Powers, and Liability as a Trustee
- Maintaining Title to Assets, Transacting Business & Paying Expenses
- Investing Trust Assets
- Record keeping
- Income and Estate Taxes
- Accounting to the Beneficiaries
- Making Distributions to the Beneficiaries
- Transition to Another Trustee
- Termination of the Trust
- Your (And the Beneficiaries’) Own Estate Plan
- Important Addresses and Phone Numbers
So, how much is the Successor Trustee Manual?
The Successor Trustee Manual is $99 and may be purchased by telephone at (317) 863-2030.